Welcome to Morningside Creek
Every day dawns brightly at Morningside Creek Apartments… an inviting gated community, loaded with amenities, at a great North Natomas address. Conveniently located off I-80, within walking distance of stores, parks, and restaurants, Morningside Creek is also easily accessible to Hwy 50 and Hwy 99 and a short drive from the Sacramento International Airport. Our four beautifully designed home plans, offering everything from full size washers and dryers, to individual patios or balconies, spacious kitchens with dishwashers, and even some cozy wood burning fireplaces, provide the comfort and conveniences you’ve been seeking. Our on-site pool, fitness center, and basketball court will keep you feeling fit and fabulous, while Robla Community Park and the Sacramento Northern Bike Trail offer a multitude of recreational activities just minutes away. Like your first cup of coffee in the morning when the day is fresh and full of promise, Morningside Creek is tranquil yet invigorating and casual yet refined. Its central North Natomas location, so close to the airport and the various freeways, makes it ideal not only for local Sacramento Area commuters, but for frequent travelers to the Bay Area and beyond.
1. Equal Opportunity Housing Provider. We fully comply with all applicable federal, state and local fair housing laws. We do not discriminate against any person because of age, race, color, religion, sex including gender as defined by Penal Code Section 422.56(c), sexual orientation, disability, familial status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, source of income, medical condition or any arbitrary reason. The Owner will be investigating the following items: (1) the likelihood that you have the ability to pay the full rent and other fees due pursuant to the Rental Agreement consistently and in a timely fashion throughout your tenancy, (2) the likelihood that you will not cause damages to the premises and that you will maintain the condition of the tenancy premises and will return it to the same condition that it was rented to you, normal wear and tear excepted, and (3) the likelihood that you will not cause a nuisance at the premises, violate the law at the premises, nor interfere with the peaceful use and quiet enjoyment of others in the community.
2. Housing availability policy: We update our list of available rental apartments as each apartment becomes available. A rental apartment that was unavailable in the morning may become available later that same day.
3. Occupancy guidelines: To prevent overcrowding, undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, and due to parking restrictions and limitations, we restrict the number of people who may reside in an apartment. We allow two persons per bedroom, plus one additional person for the rental apartment.
4. Rental Criteria: To qualify for an apartment you must meet the following criteria:
a. Income: Your combined gross monthly income must be at least two times the monthly rent and must be legal and verifiable. The gross monthly income for a co-signer must be at least four times the monthly rent and must be legal and verifiable. Acceptable verification of income includes, but is not limited to the following items – one month’s income of pay stubs or statement of wages on authorized company letterhead (if less than 30 days with current employment), prior year’s tax returns, bank statements (for non-employment related income only, and where the type of income can be determined), proof of government payments (such as welfare, disability, social security, etc.), proof of receipt of court ordered incomes (such as spousal or child support), proof of investment income, or proof of any other legal income, and a copy of applicable business license if required by law for a self-employed Applicant.
b. No negative rental history: Previous rental history is not required; however, if you have rental history, it must not be “negative.” Negative Rental History includes, but is not necessarily limited to the following: (1) late payment of rent or other fees associated with a Rental Agreement, (2) failure to pay late charges, (3) violation of any provision of a Rental Agreement, (4) issuance of any form of a notice to quit due to one or more alleged violation of a Rental Agreement, (5) history or practice of disturbances of the peace or alleged violation of law, (6) deductions as allowed by Civil Code Section 1950.5 taken by former landlord from the security deposit, or (7) owing any prior landlord any money for any reason. Rental History, if any, must be verified by prior landlord(s).
c. Credit history: Your credit record must be verifiable. You must be approved via the “SafeRent Applicant Scoring System”, or you must have an acceptable co-signer that produces an “Approved” SafeRent score, or a double deposit will be required for an “Accept with Conditions” score.
d. Verifiable Identification. You must present an acceptable government-issued photo ID.
e. Background: The Owner engages in conducting criminal background checks. The Owner is entitled to deny tenancy when it is determined that the Applicant’s record, history, pattern or practice of bad conduct or behavior, and/or habits, whether the information is derived from a criminal background check or from another reliable source, may be reasonably expected to have a detrimental effect on other Residents and/or their family members, guests, visitors and invitees, vendors, staff or employees of the Owner, and/or the responsibility of the Applicant to meet financial tenancy obligations. The factors under consideration may include, but are not necessarily limited to a record, history, pattern, practice and/or habits, and reliable reports of criminal conduct or bad behavior including, but not necessarily limited to criminal convictions involving fraud, theft, embezzlement, trespass, disturbance of neighbors, destruction of property, injuries to persons or animals, or a record of living or housekeeping habits at prior residences or any other location which may adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of other Residents or others as described herein, and/or a history of drug-related criminal activity, violent criminal related activity, or other criminal activity involving crimes which would adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of other Residents, guests, employees, vendors and/or neighbors and/or adversely affecting property rights.
5. Application process: We evaluate every application in the following manner:
a. Applications are processed in the order that they are received. We process only one application for an apartment at a time.
b. Each adult (18 years or older or legally emancipated) must submit a completed Application to Rent. All pertinent documentation MUST be submitted with each application. Applicant must answer each question on the Application to Rent.
c. Once the application is complete, we will begin the verification process.
A $200.00 deposit is required to hold an apartment and a signature of the Applicant on the Rental Deposit Contract & Receipt, payable in personal check, cashier’s check, money order or via debit/credit transaction (where available).
Pets (defined as cats, dogs, rabbits) under 25 pounds are welcome subject to the provisions of the Pet Section of the Rental Agreement including the payment of $15 per pet per month for Pet Rent. With certain exceptions required by law, an additional amount of security deposit of $500.00 will be required to be paid in advance, and will be considered as additional “security deposit.” An additional deposit of $250.00 is required for a second pet. For those communities where pets are not permitted, limited accommodations will be allowed as required by law.