Welcome to Oakwood
Experience the good life at Oakwood Apartments, a gracious and timeless community where you’ll find spacious homes, beautiful grounds, fabulous amenities, and first class service, all in a preferred North Stockton neighborhood close to parks, schools, dining, and shopping galore. Oakwood offers the ultimate in apartment living with 3 refreshing swimming pools, a tennis court, clubhouse, fitness center, and 10 distinctive home plans, including hard-to-find 2 and 3 bedroom cottage-style homes. Every home at Oakwood features abundant closet space, a patio or balcony, and comes well-appointed with a dishwasher and dining area ceiling fan. Additional amenities, such as wood burning fireplaces, large pantries, and walk-in closets, vary by plan. Oakwood is conveniently located on the RTD bus line, just minutes from upscale Lincoln Center, Hammer Ranch Shopping Center, and both Sherwood and Weberstown Malls. I-5, Hwy 99, Downtown Stockton, and the Marina are also easily accessible. So, picture yourself at Oakwood Apartments. With everything you need so conveniently close, why live anywhere else?
My family and I moved into Oakwood apartments in August 2015. We have been living here for almost 5 months now. The managing staff is wonderful. They are very friendly and always there when you need them. We have needed two repairs in the home so far and both were addressed promptly (within 24 hours of request). The apartment is clean and is a perfect size for our family. We hardly ever hear our neighbors; it is relatively quiet. We occasionally hear loud music or a couple arguing in the parking lot, but nothing more. Overall, it is a great place to live and I would highly recommend it.
Sami worked very hard to find the right location for us. She gave us several options during our three months long search and we are so happy with the location of our apartment. Thank you Sami! Francisco took care of the heater noise promptly and was very friendly and professional. Martine was efficient at all of the repairs he performed. He attached a kitchen window lock, figured out why the second bedroom closet door was sticking and connected our washer water hoses for us. That was really nice of him since the delivery tech hooked them up incorrectly. Great maintenance team.
Fast background check, wonderful maintained property, a little dated as far as outlets/cable/network cabling but it's to be expected from a facility that's over 30yrs old.
On Christmas eve I was expecting a package from Amazon containing three cell phones for my kid's requested Christmas gifts. I tracked the package until it was out for delivery by UPS. Not knowing to me UPS delivered the package to USPS. Being large the package was then handed over to rental office at about closing time (5:00 PM). I did not get a notification till 5:56 PM from Amazon on December 24th, that the package was delivered. At this time the office was closed for more than an hour. The manager at the Oakwood residence did the "above and beyond" service to personally ensure I received my package on the night before Christmas. She saved my entire year from the biggest mess-up by Amazon and USPS.
Thank you Oakwood
Views expressed are those of the residents submitting the testimonials. Publication of resident testimonials on this site does not signify verification or endorsement by Rent-One.com.
- Wood Burning Fireplaces (per plan)
- Single Level Cottages (per plan)
- Well Equipped Kitchens
- Refreshing Ceiling Fans
- Separate Hot Water Heaters (per plan)
- Separate Dining Areas (most plans)
- Window Coverings
- Internet & Cable Ready
- Plush Carpeting
- Easy Care Vinyl Flooring
- Central Heating & Air Conditioning (per plan)
- Large Pantry Closets (per plan)
- Walk-In Master Closets (per plan)
- Hall Storage Closets (per plan)
- Linen/Storage Closets
- Outdoor Storage Closets (per plan)
- Patios or Balconies
- Garden and Pool Views Available
* Amenities vary per apartment home.
1. Equal Opportunity Housing Provider. We fully comply with all applicable federal, state and local fair housing laws. We do not discriminate against any person because of age, race, color, religion, sex including gender as defined by Penal Code Section 422.56(c), sexual orientation, disability, familial status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, source of income, medical condition or any arbitrary reason. The Owner will be investigating the following items: (1) the likelihood that you have the ability to pay the full rent and other fees due pursuant to the Rental Agreement consistently and in a timely fashion throughout your tenancy, (2) the likelihood that you will not cause damages to the premises and that you will maintain the condition of the tenancy premises and will return it to the same condition that it was rented to you, normal wear and tear excepted, and (3) the likelihood that you will not cause a nuisance at the premises, violate the law at the premises, nor interfere with the peaceful use and quiet enjoyment of others in the community.
2. Housing availability policy: We update our list of available rental apartments as each apartment becomes available. A rental apartment that was unavailable in the morning may become available later that same day.
3. Occupancy guidelines: To prevent overcrowding, undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, and due to parking restrictions and limitations, we restrict the number of people who may reside in an apartment. We allow two persons per bedroom, plus one additional person for the rental apartment.
4. Rental Criteria: To qualify for an apartment you must meet the following criteria:
a. Income: Your combined gross monthly income must be at least two times the monthly rent and must be legal and verifiable. The gross monthly income for a co-signer must be at least four times the monthly rent and must be legal and verifiable. Acceptable verification of income includes, but is not limited to the following items – one month’s income of pay stubs or statement of wages on authorized company letterhead (if less than 30 days with current employment), prior year’s tax returns, bank statements (for non-employment related income only, and where the type of income can be determined), proof of government payments (such as welfare, disability, social security, etc.), proof of receipt of court ordered incomes (such as spousal or child support), proof of investment income, or proof of any other legal income, and a copy of applicable business license if required by law for a self-employed Applicant.
b. No negative rental history: Previous rental history is not required; however, if you have rental history, it must not be “negative.” Negative Rental History includes, but is not necessarily limited to the following: (1) late payment of rent or other fees associated with a Rental Agreement, (2) failure to pay late charges, (3) violation of any provision of a Rental Agreement, (4) issuance of any form of a notice to quit due to one or more alleged violation of a Rental Agreement, (5) history or practice of disturbances of the peace or violation of law, (6) deductions as allowed by Civil Code Section 1950.5 taken by former landlord from the security deposit, or (7) owing any prior landlord any money for any reason. Rental History, if any, must be verified by prior landlord(s).
c. Credit history: Your credit record must be verifiable. You must be approved via the “SafeRent Applicant Scoring System”, or you must have an acceptable co-signer that produces an “Approved” SafeRent score, or a double deposit will be required for an “Accept with Conditions” score.
d. Verifiable Identification. You must present an acceptable government-issued photo ID.
5. Application process: We evaluate every application in the following manner:
a. Applications are processed in the order that they are received. We process only one application for an apartment at a time.
b. Each adult (18 years or older or legally emancipated) must submit a completed Application to Rent. All pertinent documentation MUST be submitted with each application. Applicant must answer each question on the Application to Rent.
c. Once the application is complete, we will begin the verification process.
A $200.00 deposit is required to hold an apartment and a signature of the Applicant on the Rental Deposit Contract & Receipt, payable in personal check, cashier’s check, money order or via debit/credit transaction (where available).
Pets (defined as cats, dogs, rabbits) under 25 pounds are welcome subject to the provisions of the Pet Section of the Rental Agreement including the payment of $15 per pet per month for Pet Rent. With certain exceptions required by law, an additional amount of security deposit of $500.00 will be required to be paid in advance, and will be considered as additional “security deposit.” An additional deposit of $250.00 is required for a second pet. For those communities where pets are not permitted, limited accommodations will be allowed as required by law.