It’s that special time of the year and you’re going to want to bring all the tidings of the season into your home. Enjoying the holidays can be tricky in a smaller space, but with a little creativity and planning, the joy of the holiday season can be brought just about anywhere!
- Start with the decorations: The best way to feel the joy of the season is with some decorations. Put up some strings of lights, hang up a holiday wreath, or put some holiday pillows covers over the pillows you already have. If you want to have a tree, err on the smaller side, or even get a little fake tree to avoid taking up too much space.
- Enjoy the best desserts of the season: Now is the best time to take advantage of some of the holiday classics. Bake some classic sugar cookies and pile on the colorful frosting, enjoy some fudge or apple crumb cake and wash it down with some eggnog, cocoa, or fancy peppermint mocha.
- Watch all the movies: There’s only one time of the year to catch all the best holiday movies, so don’t miss them while the season is right! Regardless of which films are your favorite, take some time out to bundle up and watch them. You might even call it self-care!
- Don’t forget the music: Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it’s officially socially acceptable for holiday music to be played 24/7. Make a playlist of your favorite holiday songs to help get you into the season. You can even ask your smart speaker to add your favorites to a playlist!
- Spend time with your loved ones: The holidays are all about spending time with the people that matter most. Prioritize time together with your friends and family. Host a small holiday gathering at your home or show up to your friends’ events with a host or hostess gift and a warm heart. We also love Apartment Therapy’s tips for hosting events in a small home.
No matter how you slice your holiday pie, there are always plenty of wonderful options to bring the cheer to your home. Be sure to check back on Rent-One for more apartment living advice and tips!