Summer is in full swing, and once again the rising temperatures have locals feeling the heat. Thankfully, Northern California offers a number of great options to stay cool all season. Don’t let the temperature get you down, check out these local activities that will make beating the heat no sweat!
1. Formerly known as Water World, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Concord not only offers a dynamic and thrilling experience but is also the perfect way to cool off. Nothing says summer like a day at the pool, and with an abundance of slides, pools, and shaded lounge areas, Hurricane Harbor is the perfect getaway to counter those summer rays. Hurricane Harbor also recently opened their Splashwater Island, a cutting-edge water area with four structures, enclosed slides, and varying platforms!
2. Residents of Sacramento have a couple different options to stay cool this summer. Raging Waters Sacramento is the area’s largest water park! Featuring 25 attractions, over 20 slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool, Raging Waters Sacramento might just be the best destination to find some fun and refreshment.
3. For those who are looking for a little more adventure this summer, planning an American River rafting trip might be for you! With plenty of trips and rafting options, this is the perfect chance to enjoy some relaxation, refreshment, and excitement this summer. More information can be found at AO Rafting, Oars, and White Water Excitement!
4. Another great option for staying cool is taking a short road trip to the coast. A nice cruise with the windows down and the breezes of the Pacific Ocean in your hair is the perfect way to cool off. Not to mention the wonderful aesthetics this activity has to offer. Whether it’s Sonoma Coast State Park, Stinson Beach, or Marshall’s Beach, there are plenty of options!
5. Another great benefit of taking a trip to the coast is that it offers the chance to spend the day in the city! San Francisco is packed with a ton of great activities and remains relatively cool throughout the summer. After all, they do say the coldest winter ever spent is a summer in San Francisco!
6. What would summer be without a trip the lake? Lake Tahoe is a reasonable drive for a weekend trip for NorCal natives and offers all the best in boating, water skiing, and all other beach activities.
7. If you can’t find the time to make it too far from home, look into spending a Saturday at your community’s pool! Summer is the best time to enjoy a nice swim.
No matter how you choose to beat the heat this summer, remember to stay hydrated, use plenty of sunscreen, and check back on Rent-One for more great tips and advice!