The 4th of July is a special time of year for coming together with friends and family to commemorate the birth of our nation. Majestic sparks will light the skies over barbeques, pool parties, and plenty of outdoor fun. Regardless of how you plan on spending your holiday this year, these simple tips can keep your celebration safe this summer:
1. Firework Safety! The safest way to enjoy the beautiful fireworks this year is to attend a public fireworks show. Leaving it to the professionals is always the best call and it also allows you to enjoy the show without any added work or effort on your part.
2. Remember Your Furry Friends. Understandably, pets are not the biggest fans of fireworks so keep them in mind this holiday. Loud noises and big bangs can frighten animals, so keep them indoors during the evenings and always make sure they are a safe distance away from any fireworks if you attend a public event.
3. Bring Sunscreen. No one likes a bad sunburn. So remember to apply sunscreen 30 minutes before participating in any outdoor activity. Make sure to reapply throughout the day if you plan on being outdoors for an extended period of time and don’t forget to apply sunscreen to children.
4. Grilling Safety. If your home has a community grilling area, always keep an eye out when grilling this holiday. Never grill indoors and make sure that you grill in an open setting. Keep pets and children out of reach from the grill and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Stay Hydrated. Anytime you are outdoors for an extended period of time you should always remember to drink plenty of fluids. Especially if you plan on spending your holiday under the heat of the hot summer sun! Look out for infants and pets as well to make sure they are kept hydrated as well, as they are more susceptible to heat stroke.
Rent-One wishes you a happy and safe 4th of July this summer!